Football Game Expectations for Students
We encourage all students to attend RVHS football games to show their
support and spirit! To ensure everyone’s safety and enjoyment of the
game, please follow these expectations:
-Students sit in the main bleachers except to purchase items at the
concession stand or use the restrooms.
-Once a student enters, departure and re-entry must be made with an adult.
-No throwing of any objects is allowed. If an item is thrown, it will
be confiscated and may be returned at the end of the game by an adult.
-Students are to walk at all times. No running is allowed.
-Skateboards and bikes are not to be inside the fenced area.
-The entire school district is a tobacco and alcohol-free zone.
-Respect will be displayed to our teams, field, visitors, and officials.
-We'd like to encourage you to CHEER!
Elementary Flower Garden
Thanks to the efforts of our summer custodial crew and summer school students, the elementary garden has been re-vitalized. Students and staff worked hard to pull weeds, move plants, lay a weed mat, and put rock on the garden area. Rock was donated by Higman’s. It looks wonderful!
River Valley Bus Basics
1. Arrive early at your stop so the bus stays on schedule
2. **NEW** Jr./Sr. High School site in the morning: Use the north walkway to cross the road. There will be an aide to help children cross. You may want to drop off your child(ren) further to the north than most have been doing as this will be closer to the bus walkway. The walkway is painted on the road with yellow stripes. This walkway system will also be used in the afternoon to go back to the parking lot if meeting parents in a vehicle. Student safety is our top priority!
3. When waiting to get on the bus, stand behind the yellow curb border and wait for the driver to say it is okay to get on the bus.
4. Never walk between or behind buses; drivers cannot see you!
5. If you drop something near a bus, do not get it. Tell the driver and they will help you.
6. Load the bus quietly.
7. Sit in your assigned seat.
8. Be respectful of the driver, other people, and the bus.
9. Keep the bus clean. Pick up items and put them in the trash can in the front of the bus.
10. Enjoy your ride to and from school.
Non-Discrimination Policy: It is the policy of the River Valley Community School District to not discriminate illegally on the basis of age, color, creed, national origin, race, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical attributes, physical or mental ability or disability, ancestry, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, or familial status. Differential treatment of the basis of sex will not be permitted except when necessary to accomplish specific educational purpose that does not impinge upon essential equality or fundamental fairness in the treatment of students. It is the policy of the district in this regard to be in full compliance with Title IX of the Educational Amendment of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Titles VI and VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act and Section AYE of the Iowa Code. Grievances related to this policy may be addressed to:Donita Joens, Equity Coordinator P.O. Box 8, Correctionville, IA 51016 (712) 372-4420